Why choose a Certified Professional?
Buying a home is one of the most important investments that consumers will make. Certified Professional Builders, Remodelers, and Builder/Remodelers understand that significance and pledge to place the customer first.
In addition to maintaining licensure with the Mississippi Board of Contractors and annual certification in the program, these home builders must adhere to strict criteria.
- Must be licensed and in good standing by the Mississippi State Board of Contractors
- Must be a member of the local, state and national Home Builders Association
- Must maintain primary occupation in residential building, remodeling or commercial building and/or remodeling
- Must have built at least ten (10) homes or completed five (5) residential remodeling jobs with a value of $20,000 or more
- Must provide three (3) letters of reference with application: one (1) home buyers, one (1) suppliers, and one (1) banker.
- Applicants that have had foreclosures in the last four (4) years or bankruptcies in the last seven (7) years (whether it be personal, business or partnership) are not eligible for participating in the program
CLICK HERE to learn more about the requirements of the Certified Professional programs.
Best in Mississippi Award Winning Builders
Each November, the Home Builders Association of Mississippi presents the Best in Missssissippi Building & Remodeling Awards to recognize the outstanding work of builders and remodelers throughout the state. Every year, Certified Professionals demonstrate the professionalism and expertise through their entries in the Best in Mississippi Awards.
In 2018, Certified Professionals won 13 of the 20 awards presented, including the Best in Mississippi Grand Award.